Tuesday, April 01, 2014

App week: 2

Goodness gracious.

I've heard XCode is bad, but I had no idea it was a glossy NetBeans ripoff from 1997.

The only reasonable thing to do is to drop any aspirations of learning Objective C and use Cordova instead.

While I was waiting for the bitter taste in my mouth to go away, I threw together the first part of the backend service.  I'm going to lean on Mongo's geospacial stuff, which is assuredly a bad idea.  But, time is of the essence.




The basic theory is to generate a generate a wedge shape from the user's location and heading, see which routes intersect with the shape, and then filter down by routes that have stops within walking distance.

I'll also need to figure out a notion of "average direction", so that my app doesn't recommend bus lines going the opposite direction.

No comments: