Friday, November 09, 2007

I'm great at hearing accents

To the English girls: "So, you're Australian?"
To the Argentinian guy who looks just like Justin Timberlake: "So, you're French?"
 
If that's not embarassing, I don't know what is.
 
I met up with some more Australians tonight who happen to be going to Budapest at the same time I am.  One of them's a semi-pro cricket player (I think?), the other is a semi-pro waitress.  Being the social predator that I am, I booked two nights at the same hostel they're at. 
 
One of my roommates is a Tufts graduate who grew up in Boston.
 
That's all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun with the Aussies. Amanda has been in D.C with fellow new lawyers for Jones Day. She also has been hanging with the Aussies. She said they are really fun. (Of course they are descendants of jailbirds- way more fun than regular folk.) I'm really surprised at your accent problem. Maybe you need to come home.

Anonymous said...

Spend a few months more in Europe and you'll be able to tell a south german accent from a north german.