Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Comin' on Home

The Dubai airport is half shopping mall, half hotel, and half airport.

Thanks to the miracle of aviation, I'll be getting in to Seattle in
about 26 hours. That includes a seven hour layover in London (anyone
interested in a morning pint?). I've never been one to sleep on
planes, but this will have to be an exception. At least it's not
Hungarian.

I'm not sure how I feel about my trip coming to an end. On one hand,
I won't have the same feeling of personal freedom and self-reliance,
or the excitement of seeing new places and cultures on a daily basis.
On the other hand, I can buy Reces' Peanut Butter Cups whenever I want.

So it's absolutely time to come home for a while.

Once I get home, I'll make some longer posts and draw some conclusions
and post pictures and all that. After I sleep for two days straight,
of course. I have tons to write about Dubai (about my final day in
particular), so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Gregg Ose said...

Alex, we have rented out your room, but there is probably someplace you can bunk. It will be great to get you back to the USA.

INTERNET.com said...

Well, since your own parents seem to have given o'er your abode, you can def sleep in my bathtub.

It's pretty comfy except when I turn on the water.

Also: USA.